Ed's AV Handbook.com
Home Theater & High Fidelity Stereo Audio
AV Sales Training
Batting practice for the audio/video pro and a primer for the novice
Ed's AV Blog & NEWS
Chap 1 AV Terminology
Chap 2 Physics
Chap 3 Audio
Chap 4 Video
Chap 5 The AV System Sequence
Chap 6 The Room, Speaker, & TV
Chap 7 Acoustical Strategy
Chap 8 Home Theater by Design
Chap 10 Business & Marketing
- 2 - 3 - 4 - 5
Using the Dashboards
Begin your evaluation with the most significant chart -- the Sales Chart.
Chart is Upward but not skyward.
Average is Upward
Presentations are Flat.
Promotion oriented follow up thank you letters and e-mail have improved. But follow up phone calls are down because you have been web surfing when you could have been calling customers. In addition, time invested on fruitless manufacturer's web leads have been unprodcutive. Therefore eliminate unnecessary web surfing and the unproductive leads. Reallocate this time to follow up thank you letters, email, and phone calls.
Leads from previous customers have been very productive. But again manufacturer leads have not. Therefore focus on previous customers and their referrals. Follow up quickly customer issues and requests. Eliminate the manufacture leads.
Presentations - in-store meetings with previous customers and their referrals have been very effective. Presentations resulting from manufacture advertising leads have not. Focus on previous customers and leads from previous customer. Eliminate or at least put less emphasis on persuing manufacturer leads.
To sum up; here is the revised sales game plan.
- Continue with your follow up thank you letters and e-mail.
- Stop web surfing and reallocate this time to customer follow up.
- Continue to follow up on all customer service and requests.
- Eliminate or put less emphasis on manufacture leads.
- Focus on previous customer in-store and home meetings.
- Put less emphasis on persuing manufacture leads.
- Focus on improving your $/Close and Batting Average.
- Continue as is -- present your best product with a focus up on custom leads.
- Take additional batting practice. Revisit the 5 Steps.
Now make your adjustments and prepare for next cycle of your self-management process.
You have produced a strategic plan. You have implemented your personal 4P tactics to fulfill that strategy. And your stat dashboards have put you in control. You can now confidently state that you do know your song well.
|Ed's AV Handbook.com
Batting Practice for the AV Pro and a Primer for the Novice.
Copyright 2007 Txu1-598-288 Revised 2018